While I Can


While I Can

I am like a strong gust of wind
Bringing sweet melodies from far away lands

I'm not good at promising forever
Let me soothe you while I can

___________________________________________

Poem decoded: I've noticed I'm often not good at maintaining consistency in my interactions. Talking regularly and hanging out frequently, even though I do like the other person to quite an extent. Life gets busy and I find that I need a lot of me-time to keep my batteries recharged. I feel guilty, but if I keep pushing myself to show up, I'd resent that too. Would you be able to handle that, dear new friend? I don't know!

So let's live in this moment and enjoy it to the fullest. Let's see where it goes, rather than promising forever and being disappointed later (You by me or me by you). And then maybe stealing moments of joy together will go on and on...until forever....! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fairy Lights

Wild Disregard

Cappuccino